mid summer update

back from louise's wedding in the south of france! it was actually so much fun, not at the same level as but similar type to palestine and taiwan trip vibes. if I'm feeling sad to be done with trip, can't imagine how louise feels.

  • the other wedding guests, especially road trip guests, were so fantastic. everyone was so nice, friendly, down to chat. everyone was also down to pitch in and help. gosh.
  • also everyone was down to play blood on the clocktower. everyone was FUN and involved. likely the destination wedding and group trip component selected for these traits (a homebody wouldn't even attend), but I also see it as a result of louise and khoa being self-proclaimed "picky" about their friendships. while I am less picky, this has inspired me to nurture my favorite friendships more.
since coming back...
  • I verbally gave notice for my apartment today, and tomorrow I will be seeing a potential sublet that will be 8/1 to 11/30. the move-back-to-sf ball is in motion. with my current lease ending 8/8, I'll have about a week of overlap to tie up loose ends.
  • I re-sold a BTS ticket from jane to tisha. so our BTS group will be me, brian, jane, tisha, ivy, and three of ivy's friends. I'm excited to make freebies with tisha before the concert!
  • ugh I feel spoiled, but it looks like I will also be seeing big bang in september!! my coworkers (at least kenny and ling) will be coming to NYC. wasn't I just thinking about how to turn team IU into a friendship outside the office, and now there is a whole ass new york trip. they will have their own friends and I'll have brian though.
  • I'm on bumble BFF for the express purpose of finding clubbing friends, because I want to visit all the asian clubs before I leave. but I also want to club with people who I like when they are sober and outside the club.
  • I still need to coordinate some dolomites logistics

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

this one is about brian

honest thoughts that I'm scared to write down because they could probably end a relationship 🔪

nyc office life + apartment hunting